The research team is examining compounds which target the glycine receptor - one of the main receptors in the central nervous system - which is crucial in the sensation of chronic pain.
What does GlyR stand for?
GlyR stands for Glycine Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Gull Lake Yacht Club (Minnesota)
- Sugar (Prefix)
- Gay and Lesbian Yeshiva Day School Alumni (New York, NY)
- Gay and Lesbian Yeshiva Day School Alumni Association (New York, NY)
- Greater Lebanon Youth Hockey Association (Newport, NH)
- Greater Littleton Youth Initiative (Colorado)
- Gay and Lesbian Youth Northern Ireland (UK)
- Gay and Lesbian Yellow Pages
- Green Lanka Youth Platform (Sri Lanka)
- God Loves You, Pass It On
- Gay and Lesbian Youth Services
- Renal Glucosuria
- God Loves You So do i
- Gay and Lesbian Youth Services of Western New York (Buffalo, NY)
- Galey Zahal (Israel Defence Forces radio literally meaning: waves)
- Great Lake Zen Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Geen Leven Zonder Jou (Dutch: No Life Without You; poem)
- Air Senegal International (ICAO code)
- Gainesville Midland Railroad Company
- Galveston to Mississippi River (routing designation; US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Probing the topology of the glycine receptor by chemical modification coupled to mass spectrometry.
Heads, "Structure-Activity Analysis of Ginkgolide Binding in the Glycine Receptor Pore," J.
2006) because of low exposure levels; this dose-dependent effect is reminiscent of the biphasic effects of lead on glutamate neurotransmission shown to be dependent on glycine receptor affinity (Marchioro et al.
Therefore, anesthetics might work by blocking glutamate receptors or by activating GABA or glycine receptors.
Most recently, a groundbreaking study traced the action of alcohols and volatile anesthetics on GABA and glycine receptors to two specific amino acid residues, paving the way for description of at least one receptor site (Mihic et al.