Deficient synthesis of glutathione underlies oxidative stress in aging and can be corrected by dietary cysteine and glycine supplementation.
What does G stand for?
G stands for Glycine (amino acid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of G
- Gibbs Free Energy (thermodynamics)
- Giesma (form of chromosome banding)
- Giga- (a prefix meaning 1 billion)
- Gillette Company (NYSE symbol)
- Ginoo (Filipino: Mr. or Sir)
- Glasgow (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Glider (US Military aircraft vehicle type designation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although glycine has been categorized as a nonessential amino acid in poultry, it has been suggested that under certain circumstances there might be insufficient glycine to allow for maximum performance (Corzo et al.
9 December 2009 - Europe's only glycine producer has blamed competition from China as it announces plans to leave the market.
8 December 2009 -- Chemicals company Tessenderlo Group today announced plans to withdraw from the glycine market by the end of 2010.
Glutathione (gamma-L-glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine) is a pep-tide-like (short-protein) molecule synthesized in the body from the three amino acids: L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine and glycine.