The 11 topics in this volume are: * advising on smoking cessation; * advising on smoking cessation in pregnancy; * screening for lung cancer with chest xrays; * preventing stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation; * using ACE inhibitor and beta-blocker therapies in heart failure; * measuring glycated haemoglobin in diabetes management; * prescribing antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infection and acute bronchitis; * preventing venous thromboembolism in hospitalised patients; * preparing for elective colorectal surgery; * using colonoscopy in colorectal cancer surgery followup; and * managing acute and cancer pain in hospitalised patients.
What does HbA1c stand for?
HbA1c stands for Glycated Haemoglobin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hotel Booking Agent
- House Building Advance (financing)
- Houston Bar Association (Texas)
- Houston Beekeepers Association
- Human Behavior Associates
- Hungarian Book Agency
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (smart car technology)
- Hydrogen Bond Acceptor
- Hydroxy Benzoic Acid
- Hemoglobin Alpha-Locus 1
- Harrisburg Black Attorneys Association (Harrisburg, PA)
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin (Austin, TX)
- Home Builders Association of Alabama
- Hotel Booking Agents Association (UK)
- Houston Bar Association Auxiliary (Houston, TX)
- Hepatitis B Antibody
- Hexadecyl 4-Biphenylamino Benzoate
- High Affinity Bile Acid Binding
- Hit By A Bus (band)
- Healthcare Business Woman's Association of Canada
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unexplained variability of glycated haemoglobin in nondiabetic subjects not related to glycaemia.
Demand remains strong for a cost-effective and easy-to-use glycated haemoglobin testing product for diabetes, given over 17 million Americans are directly affected,' he said
Provalis is aiming to launch the fully automated G5 test, which is used to measure glycated haemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, into a market estimated to be worth pounds 2bn and pounds 5bn.
Epidemiological features of glycated haemoglobin A1c distribution in a healthy population.
Ethylene glycol-stabilized haemolysates for glycated haemoglobin assay.
Improved method for analysis of glycated haemoglobin by ion-exchange chromatography.