Deficient synthesis of glutathione underlies oxidative stress in aging and can be corrected by dietary cysteine and glycine supplementation.
What does GSH stand for?
GSH stands for Glutathione
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSH
We have 66 other meanings of GSH in our Acronym Attic
- Gunnery Sergeant (United States Marine Corps)
- Girl Scouts of Genesee Valley (New York)
- Groninger Studenten Golf Vereniging (Dutch: Groninger Student Golf Association; Groningen, Netherlands)
- Game Server Hosting (website)
- Gamer's High (video game website)
- Gas Surge Header
- George S. Halas (Chicago Bears head coach)
- German Short Hair Pointer (dog breed)
- Gil Scott-Heron (poet and musician)
- Global Stainless Hardware, Inc (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abstract The aim of the present study was to evaluate the changes in glutathione redox ratio (GSSG x [GSH.
In the present study, the glutathione redox system was evaluated as a function of age in rat heart and muscle.
Antioxidant (AOX) enzymes such as superoxide dimutase and glutathione peroxidase provide protection within cells whilst low molecular weight scavenging antioxidants and AOX vitamins are present in extra cellular fluid.
In addition, the research indicated that gardenia raised on Minami-Daito Island contains more active ingredients that promote the generation of glutathione.
The glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) are responsible for these reactions (Boucher and Iannaccone 1995; Connelly et al.