Genetic population studies have shown, for example, that high carrier frequencies of single mutations in the South African black population are responsible for most cases of glutaric aciduria type 1 (GA1), galactosaemia and cystinosis.
What does GA1 stand for?
GA1 stands for Glutaric Aciduria Type 1
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GA1
We have 2 other meanings of GA1 in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Acquisition and Command Station (space travel)
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc (San Diego, CA)
- Glutaric Aciduria type I
- Genetic Algorithm - Radial-Basis Function
- Greater Austin-San Antonio Corridor Council (trade route; Texas)
- Gaussian Approximation Tangential-Sphere Bound
- General Aviation/Fixed-Base Operations
- Genetic Algorithm/Multi-Stage Detector
- Asialo-GM1 (Monosialotetrahexosylganglioside; genetics)
- Genetic Algorithm 1
- Glycan of Asialoganglioside
- Asialo-GM2 (Disialotetrahexosylganglioside; genetics)
- Genre Art Advocacy Center (realist art)
- Gresham Art Advisory Committee (Oregon)
- Global Allergy and Asthma European Network (research; EU)
- General Assembly 3rd
- Gibberellic Acid (plant hormone)
- Anti-Gibberellin A4 (antibody)
- Gaelic Athletic Association
- Gain Adjuster Adapter
Samples in periodicals archive:
7) Bilateral sylvian fissure arachnoid cysts should raise clinical suspicion for glutaric aciduria type 1, while posterior fossa arachnoid cysts are associated with Down syndrome.
Benefit for patients with disorders on the new expanded list has been demonstrated clearly for MCAD deficiency and glutaric aciduria type 1, and for all disorders taken together, and we have assessed this when patients and controls have been 6 years old.
According to the current available published data, congenital hypothyroidism, (1) galactosaemia (2) and glutaric aciduria type 1 (3) are probably the top three treatable conditions.