The book takes a step-by-step approach to the design of all of the most commonly used timber elements and connections using solid timber, glued laminated timber, and wood- based engineered products.
What does glulam stand for?
glulam stands for Glued laminated timber
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Gay & Lesbian Underwater Group (UK; scuba diving club)
- GNU/Linux User Group
- Goonellabah Linux Users Group
- Great Lakes User Group (Macintosh users)
- Greater Lansing User Group (Michigan)
- Greensboro Linux Users Group (Greensboro, NC)
- Gujarat Linux User Group (India)
- GNU (GNU's Not Unix) Linux Users Group Calicut (India)
- Great Lakes Ultra Grand Prix (West Lafayette, IN)
- Great Lakes University of Kisumu (Kenya)
- Great Lakes Upper Mississippi River Board (of State Public Health and Environmental Managers; water treatment)
- General Land Use Plan (Department of Community Planning, Housing and Development; Arlington, VA)
- Gwich'in Land Use Planning Board (Northwest Territories, Canada)
- Glutamate Receptor
- Gays and Lesbians at the University of Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Granulomatous Lesions of Unknown Significance (theorized sarcoidosis syndrome)
- Grande Loja Unida Sul Americana (Portuguese: The United Big Store of South America)
- Georgia Land Use Trend (geospatial data; est. 1973)
- Glucose Transporter
- Graphics Library Utility Toolkit (open software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Design information and examples for wind and seismic conditions, sawn lumber, structural glued laminated timber, structural-use panels, shear walls and diaphragms, poles and piles, I-joists, structural composite lumber, structural connections (nails, bolts, and screws), metal plate connected wood trusses, and pre-engineered metal connectors are provided.
The Top of the Class case study describes two engineered wood school structures, which include fully sheathed plywood and OSB walls, glued laminated timbers for structural support, and Sturd-I-Floor sheathing in the floors.