Patients whose scores indicate distress (above 64), either on the Global Severity Index or one of the three subscales (Somatization, Depression or Anxiety), are referred to a Social Worker for follow up.
What does GSI stand for?
GSI stands for Global Severity Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSI
We have 289 other meanings of GSI in our Acronym Attic
- Gerontological Services, Inc. (Santa Monica, CA)
- Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (German Federal Research Institute f
- Get Sirius Info
- Get Someone In
- Giga-Scale Integration
- Glide Slope Indicator
- Global Scale Impact (climate change)
- Global Science Institute (est. 2017)
- Global Security Institute
- Global Security International (Daphne, AL)
- Global Single Instance (Oracle)
- Global Strategies International (various locations)
- Global Strike Integration (United States Strategic Command Joint Functional Component Command; US DoD)
- Global Subsidies Initiative (International Institute for Sustainable Development)
- Global Surf Industries (Australia)
- Global Sustainability Index (various locations)
- Global System Integrator (various companies)
- Global System Interrupt
- Globecomm Systems International (contractor)
- Goal Systems International (Port Angeles, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Global Severity Index was used as an overall measure of psychiatric severity.
To see, the researchers conducted biographic interviews with postsurgical patients and administered the Cologne Trauma Inventory, the Symptom Checklist 90--Revised Global Severity Index, and the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Scale.