The transit will be visible at four of the six telescopes of the NSO Integrated Synoptic Program (NISP) Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG) helioseismic network that circle the Earth, as well as the NISP Synoptic Optical Long-term Investigations of the Sun (SOLIS) on Kitt Peak.
What does GONG stand for?
GONG stands for Global Oscillation Network Group (Solar Telescope)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GONG
We have 2 other meanings of GONG in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Occipital Nerve
- Groton / New London, CT, USA - Groton-New London (Airport Code)
- Gathering of Native Americans
- Great Oaks Neighborhood Association (San Jose, CA)
- Gaming Ordinators National Association Of Developing Systems (fictional decline of video gaming)
- Geographical and Oceanographic Navigation Administration and Department of Sea-travel (UK)
- Greater Occipital Nerve Block (migraine headache treatment)
- Geocachers of the North East
- Government Office for the North East (UK)
- Gene Ontology Next Generation (research project; UK)
- Goal or Not Goal (online game)
- Government-Organized Nongovernmental Organization
- Gibraltar Ornithological and Natural History Society
- Gas and Oil National Information Infrastructure
- Gun Owners of New Jersey
- Georgia Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Government of the Netherlands
- General Office Non-Line of Sight
- Global Organisation of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Genetically Optimized Neural Network System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most ambitious such project is an international effort now being put together under the direction of the National Solar Observatory and called the Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG).