While screening DNA sequences in water samples collected during Craig Venter's Global Ocean Sampling Expedition, his team discovered seven more photosynthesis genes coding for a complex of proteins collectively named photosystem I.
What does GOS stand for?
GOS stands for Global Ocean Sampling (genome project)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GOS
We have 96 other meanings of GOS in our Acronym Attic
- General Ophthalmic Service (UK)
- General Overhaul Specification
- Generalized Order Statistic
- Generic Output Specifications
- Geomagnetic Observing System
- Geospatial One-Stop
- Girlfriend Over Shoulder
- Glasgow Outcome Scale
- Global Observation System
- Global Observing System