The model was developed by the Department of Defense's Global Emerging Infections System and NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, under the leadership of ARS.
What does GEIS stand for?
GEIS stands for Global Emerging Infections System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GEIS
We have 16 other meanings of GEIS in our Acronym Attic
- Groupement d'Employeurs pour l'insertion et la Qualification
- Generic Environmental Impact Report (Massachusetts)
- Global Entrepreneur in Residence (Massachusetts)
- GPETE End-Item Replacement
- General Electric Industrial Systems
- General Electric Information System
- General Export Incentives Scheme
- Generic Edited Information Set
- Generic Environmental Impact Statement
- Global Emerging Infections Surveillance (US DoD)
- Gestion et Etude des Informations Spectrocopiques Atmospheriques (Management and Study of Atmospheric Spectroscopic Information)
- General Electric Information Services COmpany
- German Encyclopedic Internet Service Terminal
- Graphic Era Institute of Technology (India)
- Green Enterprise Information Technology (Uptime Institute)
- Global Engineering Integration and Technical Assistance
- Government Electronics and Intelligence Technology Association
- Gas/Electricity Interdependency Task Force (North American Electric Reliability Corporation)
- Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival (UK)
- Gigabit European Internet EXchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 25-page chapter on the Global Emerging Infections System (GEIS) of the DOD as it applies to biodefense is well written.
The work reported herein was supported by the Department of Defense Global Emerging Infections System program (work unit number 0000188M.