Benefit was evident by eight weeks on the Global Assessment of Functioning Scale and Social and Occupational Functioning Assessment Scale and at 20 weeks on the MADRS.
What does GAFS stand for?
GAFS stands for Global Assessment of Functioning Scale (psychiatry)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAFS
We have 2 other meanings of GAFS in our Acronym Attic
- German-American Frontiers of Science (symposium)
- Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
- Georgia Association for Food Protection
- General Antwerp Feeding Products Association
- GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) Alternate Function Register (computer programming)
- General Authority for Fish Resources Development
- Governance Arrangements for Research Ethics Committees (UK)
- Great American Financial Resources, Inc.
- Gated Autofluorescence Forward Scatter (pharmacology)
- General Accounting & Finance System
- Goods Available for Sale (retail)
- Great American Financial Services (Tacoma, WA)
- Greek-American Folklore Society (Astoria, NY)
- Great American Ford Sales Event (Ford Motor Company)
- Group Action for Social Order (Sammanthurai, Sri Lanka)
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (various locations)
- Ghana Association of French Teachers (est. 1958)
- Greater Apostolic Faith Temple, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Grain And Feed Trade Association
- Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Global Assessment of Functioning scale was used as a secondary end point.
The usage is best appreciated in the DSM-IV instructions for rating Global Assessment of Functioning Scale that state: "Do not include impairment in functioning due to physical (or environmental) limitations" (p.
Across both self-reported measures (the Zung Self-Rating Scale for Depression and the Outcome Questionnaire) and clinician-rated measures (the Global Assessment of Functioning Scale and the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression), the average effect size between the PPT and TAU groups was 0.
Quantitative measures for all study participants included the Modified Global Assessment of Functioning Scale and the Purposeful Productive Activity and Quality of Life Scale.