Chaudhry Faiz Rasool from Global Alliance For Improved Nutrition (GAIN) said Universal Salt Iodization (USI) is recognized as a simple, safe and cost-effective measure in addressing iodine deficiency.
What does GAIN stand for?
GAIN stands for Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAIN
We have 82 other meanings of GAIN in our Acronym Attic
- Gator Advertising and Information Network
- Gelbvieh Association in Nebraska
- Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now (legislative act)
- German Advanced Integrated Network
- Getting Arizona Interested in Neighborhoods
- Gippsland Aquaculture Industry Network Inc
- Global Advanced Intelligent Networking (Sprint)
- Global Agricultural Information Network (USDA)
- Global Aid Network (Campus Crusade for Christ)
- Global Airline Inventory Network (Boeing)
- Global Analysis Information Network
- Global Auditing Information Network
- Global Automation Information Network
- Government Accountability & Information Network
- Graphic Arts Information Network
- Great Ape Information Network (National Institute of Genetics; Japan)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (Welfare to Work Program)
- Greater Avenues to Independence
- Greenwood Aurora Involved Neighbors (Seattle, WA)
- Gallium Indium Phosphide
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the 2012 milestone in the Foundation's proven record of success, was its cooperation and partnership agreement with the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) to finance GAIN's efforts to reduce deaths and disabilities associated with nutritional deficiencies in Afghanistan, particularly among women and children.
Opened by HE Reem Al-Hashimy, State Minister, Cabinet of the UAE, the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)'s Global Forum is hosted in the MENA region for the first time.
The South Asia Regional Development Marketplace was sponsored by UNICEF, World Food Programme, PepsiCo, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI), GTZ (Germany), and the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN).
8) million grant from the World Health Organization (WHO)-led Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) to support a food fortification programme for 3 years.
Funding from The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) will partly finance a Program of Strengthening of Foods (Fortalecimiento de Fortificacion De Alimentos) (Donacion No.
Women need iron and folic acid before they know they're pregnant, because brain formation of the fetus occurs in the first trimester," said Anna Verster, a senior technology advisor at the Geneva-based Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN).