Dr Talal Abu-Ghazaleh, Chair of the Global Alliance for ICT and Development (GAID) of the United Nations announces the launch of the Arab Scientific Research and Education Network (ASREN), at the EU-MED Event held in Brussels, Belgium, the 3rd in a series of high-level policy meetings.
What does GAID stand for?
GAID stands for Global Alliance for ICT and Development
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAID
We have 3 other meanings of GAID in our Acronym Attic
- Gruppo Avvistamento Incendi Boschivi (Italian: Group Avvistamento Forest fires)
- Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit
- Generalized Akaike Information Criterion
- German American Internee Coalition (New London, New Hampshire)
- Great American Insurance Company
- Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution (Australia)
- Guizhou Aviation Industry Corporation (China)
- Gulf Asia International Company
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Georgia Association of Independent Colleges of Teacher Education
- Global Art Information Directory (resource)
- Guided Approach to Instructional Design Advising (paper)
- General Agency Insurance Development Services (California and Arizona)
- Generalized Almost Ideal Demand System (economics)
- Gross Average Industrial Earnings
- General Arab Insurance Federation (Egypt)
- Great American Irish Festival
- Guggenheim Aviation Investment Fund, LP
- Gadsden Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (Alabama, USA)
- Greensboro Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earlier, WITSA hadearned a seat on the Strategy Council of the UN Global Alliance for ICT and Development.
Summary: We strongly believe it is our duty to formulate plans for the achievement of the World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) and the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) through the applications of ICTs for development - Abu-Ghazaleh The annual meeting of the Strategy Council of the UN Global Alliance for ICT and Development (GAID) concluded in Monterrey, Mexico Sept.
Vienna , June 4, 2009 - (ACN Newswire) - The World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) joined the Strategy Council of the Global Alliance for ICT and Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA-GAID) for a two-year term ending in April 2011.
Talal Abu- Ghazaleh, chairman and CEO of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org), has been appointed as the Chairman of the Global Alliance for ICT and Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA-GAID) to succeed Craig Baret, Intel CEO.