Nonetheless, in December 2003 the World Health Organization's Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety changed its policy to recommend influenza vaccine in all pregnant women, stating that "the risk-benefit [ratio] of influenza vaccination during pregnancy, at all stages of pregnancy, should be reconsidered, given the high risk to the mother--and thus to the fetus--of the disease itself and (as far as is known) the small potential risk to mother and fetus of the inactivated influenza vaccine" (www.
What does GACVS stand for?
GACVS stands for Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (WHO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GACVS
- Georgia Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (Columbus, GA)
- Global Aviation Communications Test and System Emulation Facility
- Gas Auxiliary Control Unit
- Global Analogic Control Unit
- Graphic Arts Credit Union (Houston, TX)
- Greater Auckland Coaching Unit (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Global Assembly Cache Utility
- Generalized Approximate Cross-Validation
- Gruppo Allievi Centro Velico Caprera (Italian sailing group)
- German-American Center for Visiting Scholars
- Grupo Argentino de CW (amateur radio)
- Greater Akron Catholic Young Adults (Ohio)
- Garnet and Cubic Zirconia
- Gallium Arsenide Diode
- Gamma Alpha Delta (fraternity)
- Gender & Development
- Gender Alliance for Development Center (Tirana, Albania)
- Gender and Development
- Gender Awareness and Development
- General Accounting Division (various locations)