The San Francisco-based Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance received a $1 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to fight HIV/AIDS in Malawi, Africa.
What does GAIA stand for?
GAIA stands for Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAIA
We have 33 other meanings of GAIA in our Acronym Attic
- Grease, Aircraft, and Instruments
- Great American Insurance
- Gross Annual Income
- Guaranteed Annual Income
- Guild of Architectural Ironmongers
- Montgomery Co. Gaithersburg, MD (airport code)
- Game Angling Instructors' Association (UK)
- Generic Architecture for Information Availability
- Gestion Académique Informatisée des Actions de Formation (French: Academic Management of Computerized Training Actions; Ministry of National Education)
- Global Action in the Interest of Animals (Brussels, Belgium)
- Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives
- Global Alliance for Interfaith Action (global nonprofit initiative)
- Global Anti-Incinerator Alliance
- Global Astrometric Interferometer for Astrophysics (European Space Agency)
- Grantley Adams International Airport (Barbados)
- Graphic Arts Industries Association (Canada)
- Graphical Astronomy and Image Analysis Tool
- GUI Application Interoperability Architecture
- General Authority for Islamic Affairs and Awqaf (United Arab Emirates)
- Galapagos Academic Institute for the Arts and Sciences
Samples in periodicals archive:
The newly formed Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance works with religious and interfaith groups to help stop the spread of AIDS in developing nations, particularly Africa.