The Glen Canyon Institute, the Salt Lake City-based environmental group that is the main advocate for draining the lake worked to get as many people as possible, including the major press, down to the Cathedral last spring.
What does GCI stand for?
GCI stands for Glen Canyon Institute (Salt Lake City, UT)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCI
We have 206 other meanings of GCI in our Acronym Attic
- Generalized Conversational Implicature
- Generic Channel Interface
- Generic Communications Index
- Generix Collaborative Infrastructure (France)
- Genetics Citation Index
- Génie Civil Industriel (French: Industrial Engineering)
- Geocentric Celestial Inertial Coordinate System
- Georgia Correctional Industries
- Gestion Credit Interentreprises (French: Intercompany Credit Management)
- Getty Conservation Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
Richard Ingebretsen is founder of the Glen Canyon Institute in Salt Lake City, an organization dedicated to draining Lake Powell and restoring Glen Canyon to its natural state.
But the 186-mile-long lake is under scrutiny, thanks to a proposal by the Glen Canyon Institute to drain it and restore the Colorado River to its historic - and natural - channel.