Alex McMahon professor of health policy and professor of economics, Center for Health Policy, Duke University--and colleagues analyzed the claims records of 14,491 Medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with glaucoma who received one of three types of incisional surgeries (meaning that incisions were used improve the drainage of fluid from the eye to reduce intraocular pressure) that occurred between 1994 and 2003--primary trabeculectomy, trabeculectomy in the presence of scarring from previous ocular surgery or trauma, or implantation of a glaucoma drainage device.
What does GDD stand for?
GDD stands for Glaucoma Drainage Device
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GDD
We have 49 other meanings of GDD in our Acronym Attic
- Genest Detention Centre for Youth (London, Ontario; owned by Anago Resources, Inc.)
- Gabet Démolition Désamiantage (French asbestos demolition company)
- Game Design Document (video games)
- Gaseous Detection Device (Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope)
- General Design Document (US NASA)
- General Details Depot
- General Discussion and Debate
- Geographically Distributed Development
- Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherung
- Gestion Dynamique des Déchets (French: Dynamic Waste Management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Aqua Flow Collagen Glaucoma Drainage Device (FDA-approved in July 2001) is a tiny wick-like device that is implanted to help lower pressure within the eye.
In July 2001, the FDA approved the AquaFlow Collagen Glaucoma Drainage Device from STAAR Surgical Company in Monrovia, California, to manage open-angle glaucoma.