The gorilla, named Gladys, is being cared for by a human parent after her mother at the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, Texas rejected her after her birth in January.
What does GPZ stand for?
GPZ stands for Gladys Porter Zoo (Brownsville, TX)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GPZ
We have 4 other meanings of GPZ in our Acronym Attic
- Global Partnership for Youth Development (Philippines)
- Global Progressive Youth Forum
- Grand Prairie Youth Football Association (Texas)
- Greater Providence Youth Hockey Association
- German-Polish Youth Office
- Greater Princeton Youth Orchestra (New Jersey)
- Greater Pinellas Young Republicans (Clearwater, Florida)
- General Presidency of Youth Welfare (Saudi Arabia)
- Gabinete Plano do Zambeze
- General-Purpose Zone (US Customs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Common to most first-time gorilla mothers, Gladys Stone was rejected by her 14-year-old mother "Kiazi" after being born at Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, Texas in Jan.
She came from the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, Texas, where she was born on January 29 to a first-time mother who showed little maternal instinct.
The Gladys Porter Zoo of Brownsville assumed responsibility for the U.
Credit goes to representatives of SEMARNAP (Secretaria de Medio Ambiente Recursos Naturales y Pesca); Gladys Porter Zoo of Brownsville, Texas; Lower Rio Grande, Santa Ana, and Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuges; INP (Instituto Nacional de Pesca); Tamaulipas State Government Pesca; CRIP Tampico (Centro Regional de Investigaciones Pesqueras); La Pesca Port Authority; UAT Shrimp Laboratory in La Pesca (Universidad Autonoma de Tamaulipas); PROFEPA (Procuraduria Federal del Medio Ambiente); and Scouts from Ciudad Madero and Tampico, Mexico.