The Governor remarked: "I have always wondered whether the next set of reforms should not require every bank to be listed on the stock market", at the launch of the latest Code of Standards of the Ghana Association of Bankers (GAB) this year, further observing that such a directive would be "a definite boost for corporate governance and enterprise-wide risk management".
What does GAB stand for?
GAB stands for Ghana Association of Bankers (est. 1980)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAB
We have 82 other meanings of GAB in our Acronym Attic
- Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women
- Goals Against Average (ice hockey statistic)
- General Aviation Airports Working Group (US FEMA)
- Generations Accepting All Youth
- Geriatrische Afdeling Algemeen Ziekenhuis (Dutch: General Hospital Geriatric Department)
- Grupo Ayuda Animal Zaragoza (Spanish: Zaragoza Animal Aid Group; Zaragoza, Spain)
- Gabon (ISO Country code)
- Games and Amusement Board (Philippines)
- General Adjustment Bureau (GAB Robins North America, Inc.)
- General Arrangements to Borrow
- Gimme A Break
- Global Address Book
- Global Advisory Board (various organizations)
- Global Audio Broadcast
- Gold Antique Brush (color)
- Government Accountability Board (Wisconsin, USA)
- Government Approval Board (approves GDSSII software version release contents)
- Graded Aggregate Base (road construction material)
- Grand Australasian Banner (Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes)
- Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati, Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To further increase the banks' capacity to participate in big-ticket projects and support an expanding economy, the Bank of Ghana (BoG) raised the minimum capital requirements to 60m cedi (about $42m), [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Explaining the rationale for higher Tier-1 capital, Daniel Mensah, head of the Ghana Association of Bankers (GAB), said: "With the discovery of oil and its auxiliary businesses, there is a need for us, as members of one association, to increase our capital base.