She is a gerontological nurse practitioner, a professor at Fairfield University School of Nursing in Connecticut, and the original author and editor of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing Try This: Best Practices in Nursing Care to Older Adults series.
What does GNP stand for?
GNP stands for Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GNP
We have 76 other meanings of GNP in our Acronym Attic
- Gerakan Nasional Orang Tua Asuh (Indonesian: National Movement for Foster Parents)
- Global Network of Technology Evangelists
- Green Nuns of the Revolution (band)
- Greater New Orleans Unitarian Universalists (Louisiana)
- Grenada National Organisation of Women (gender equality group)
- Gnowledge Networking and Organising System (GNU web application for developing and maintaining semantic web content developed)
- Greater New Orleans Youth Orchestra (Louisiana)
- Gender-Neutral Pronoun
- Geographic Number Portability
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
- Glacier National Park (USA)
- Global Negotiation Project
- Goin Postal
- Gonarezhou National Park (Zimbabwe)
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy (various locations)
- Good Neighbor Program (various organizations)
- Good News Project
- Gorongosa National Park (Mozambique)
- Graduate Nurse Practitioner
- Grand National Party (South Korea)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An adult and gerontological nurse practitioner, she maintains a practice in primary care with a focus on chronic illness in older adults.
9780826106438 Gerontological nurse practitioner certification review.
and Jett, a gerontological nurse practitioner, provide a textbook on evidence-based gerontological nursing that comes from a wellness perspective and discusses disease processes in the context of healthy adaptation, nursing support, and nursing responsibilities.
: * Family Nurse Practitioner FNP-BC * Adult Nurse Practitioner ANP-BC * Acute Care Nurse Practitioner ACNP-BC * Pediatric Nurse Practitioner PNP-BC * Gerontological Nurse Practitioner GNP-BC * Family Psych and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner PMHNP-BC (Family will be on the certificate and can be added if desired) * Adult Psych and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner PMHNP-BC (Adult will be on the certificate and can be added if desired) Implementation of New Advanced Practice Credentials ANCC's new advanced practice credentials go into effect January 1, 2008.
Ideally, a gerontological clinical nurse specialist (GCNS) or a gerontological nurse practitioner (GNP) is the professional who can bring this team together because he or she offers a depth and breadth of knowledge concerning the care of older people.