Joshua Goldberger, assistant professor of chemistry at Ohio State and his colleagues describe how they were able to create a stable, single layer of germanium atoms.
What does GE stand for?
GE stands for Germanium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GE
We have 51 other meanings of GE in our Acronym Attic
- Genetic Entity (Dianetics)
- Genetically Engineered
- Geneva (canton postcode, Switzerland)
- Genf (Geneva; Swiss Canton)
- Genoa (postcode, Italy)
- Genova (Genoa, Liguria, Italy)
- Georgia (country code, top level domain)
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Gerbich (blood group system)
- Geriatric Evaluation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Germanium (210mg daily) will help increase oxygen to the cells and helps with interferon production.
The circuit was built using IBM's latest silicon germanium (SiGe) chip-making technology, extending basic silicon to speeds never thought possible.
Byline: ANI Washington, March 2 (ANI): Scientists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have created a new infrared laser made from germanium that operates at room temperature, which has made light-speed computing come one step closer to reality.