Contributions from former students and colleagues are arranged in three sections on the Third Reich in socialist autobiographies, writing the self in the German Democratic Republic, and shifting perspectives after 1989.
What does GDR stand for?
GDR stands for German Democratic Republic (former East Germany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDR
We have 66 other meanings of GDR in our Acronym Attic
- General Degree Requirements
- General Distribution Release (Microsoft)
- Generalized Data Retrieval
- Genetics of Disease Resistance
- Genome Database for Rosaceae
- Genome Database Resource (ARS, decommissioned 2002)
- Geographical Disaster Recovery
- Geometric Design Rules (computing)
- Geophysical Data Record
- Geoscience Data Repository (Canada)
- Germaniya Demokratik Respublikasi
- Giant Death Robot
- Giant Dipole Resonance (nuclear excitation where the protons and neutrons oscillate against each other)
- Ginga Densetsu Riki (anime)
- Gioco Di Ruolo (Italian website)
- GIS Data Resources, Inc (Novato, California)
- Global Data Replication and Recovery
- Global Deactivation of Radiation
- Global Depositary Receipt
- Global Depository Receipt
Samples in periodicals archive:
Investigators discovered tens of thousands of sick citizens in the German Democratic Republic were unknowingly treated with unapproved medicines to see if they worked.
She is also the first former citizen of the German Democratic Republic to lead the reunited Germany and the first woman to lead Germany since it became a modern nation-state in 1871.
They also stated that the former German Democratic Republic offered free holidays to the country for striking miners and their families.
Speaking to KUNA on the sidelines of a meeting with foreign reporters in Berlin, Gauck, a former German pastor and anti-communist human rights activist in the German Democratic Republic (GDR), said distinguished relations between Germany and Kuwait have been developing for long years.
By far the most striking aspect of the whole experience was seeing just how sparsely furnished and basic were the conditions in which even the head of the Stasi - one of the three most powerful figures in the former German Democratic Republic (GDR) - lived and worked.
WA) (LSE: UNC), may have to pay Germany up to EUR240m in a court case involving the embezzlement of funds from companies in the former German Democratic Republic, or GDR, Bank Austria said.