MOSKOVA (CyHAN)- Russia's troubled Yamal-402 satellite should reach its designated geostationary orbit on Saturday when it uses its engine for the fourth time, Gazprom Space Systems (GSS) company said on Friday.
What does GEO stand for?
GEO stands for Geostationary Orbit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GEO
We have 71 other meanings of GEO in our Acronym Attic
- Gene Expression Omnibus (National Center for Biotechnology Information's archive and resource for gene expression data)
- General Education Outcome
- Georgetown, Guyana - Timehri (Airport Code)
- Georgia (ISO Country code)
- Geospatial Enterprise Office (Oregon)
- Geostationary Earth Orbiter/ing
- Geostationary Equatorial Orbit
- Geosynchronous Earth Orbit
- Geotechnical Engineering Office (Hong Kong)
- Geothermal Education Office (Tiburon, CA)
- Global Earth Oceans (Fifth World Community)
- Global Education Office (various universities)
- Global Elite Operatives (gaming clan)
- Global Engagement Operations
- Global Environment Outlook
- Global Equity Offerings
Samples in periodicals archive:
As multifunctional transport satellites, the Himawari-6 was launched in February 2005 and placed in geostationary orbit the following month, while the Himawari-7 was launched and put in orbit in February 2006.
Geostationary orbit is the narrow band 22,000 miles above the Earth in which orbiting objects appear fixed at the same point.
The nine chapters compose 60 pages and discuss topics that include: past smaller satellite designs, proposed missions to be performed near geostationary orbit by smaller satellites, concept of operations, and possible orbit injection methods.