The AMI is a Korean version of the Advanced Baseline Imager (ABI) Exelis is currently building for the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA for the next-generation Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite series known as GOES-R.
What does GOES stand for?
GOES stands for Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOES
We have 26 other meanings of GOES in our Acronym Attic
- Generator Original Equipment Manufacturer (India)
- Government Office for the East Midlands (UK)
- Groep Operationele Eenheden Mariniers (Dutch: Operational Units Marine Group; Netherlands)
- Guardians of Ethereal Night (gaming guild)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (Bluetooth)
- Global Operational Environmental Review (US Air Force Special Operations Command)
- Governor's Office of Employee Relations (New York)
- GPS (Global Positioning System) Outage En Route Simulation (US FAA)
- Garry Oak Ecosystems Recovery Team (Canada)
- Geostationary Environmental Satellite System (US NASA)
- Geosynchronous Operational Environmental Satellite
- Geosynchronous Orbiting Environmental Satellite
- Global Omnibus Environmental Survey
- Global Online Enrollment System (US Customs & Border Protection)
- GN&C Orbital Environment Simulation
- Grain Oriented Electrical Steel (large power transformers)
- Next-Generation Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite Simulator
- Gods of the East Subbing Squad (Tong Vfang Xien Qi fan club; Korean boy band)
- Government of East Timor
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new video of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite footage shows the growth of winter storm Nemo from space.
Collectively known as the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) series, the latest craft, GOES-J, will monitor atmospheric temperatures, humidities, wind velocities, and the development of storms over Earth's Western Hemisphere.
The NASA animation was created by Kevin Ward, using images from NOAA Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES-14) satellite and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.
GAO-08-18 October 23, 2007 The Department of Commerce's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), with the aid of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), plans to procure the next generation of geostationary operational environmental satellites, called the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites-R series (GOES-R).