Systems such as the National Spatial Data Infrastructure gateways and Geospatial One-Stop (in the United States) exist to facilitate discovery of and access to geospatial data from multiple providers.
What does GOS stand for?
GOS stands for Geospatial One-Stop
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOS
We have 96 other meanings of GOS in our Acronym Attic
- Gate Operating System (Safegate, Sweden)
- Gate-Oxide Short (semi-conductors)
- General Officer Symposium (US DoD)
- General Operating Subject (e-learning)
- General Operating Support (various organizations)
- General Ophthalmic Service (UK)
- General Overhaul Specification
- Generalized Order Statistic
- Generic Output Specifications
- Geomagnetic Observing System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Service discovery is available through the National Map catalog, Geospatial One-Stop (GOS), and regional services such as NC OneMap, but exhaustive, comprehensive access is still not available.
gov for the Geospatial One-Stop initiative and www.