George Washington National Forest, Virginia: "The film Gasland has exposed the impacts of hydraulic fracturing, a method of natural gas extraction linked to the contamination of water supplies; fracking could be on its way to the Southeast's largest public forest and the source of clean water for many Shenandoah Valley communities.
What does GWNF stand for?
GWNF stands for George Washington National Forest (Virginia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water (Australia)
- Gaussian White Noise
- Gentoo Weekly Newsletter (operating system project)
- Ghost Webz Network (Internet development)
- Girls Write Now (New York, NY)
- Golden West Network (TV station; Australia)
- Great White North
- Guadalupe/Washington Neighborhood Association (San Jose, CA)
- Gilbert Williams NoteCards
- Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council (California)
- Great Wild Northern League
- Great White North Paintball (Canada)
- Great White North Productions (Canada)
- Greater Washington National Parks Fund (National Park Foundation; Washington, DC)
- Glyn Ward North Residents' Association (UK)
- Girls with No Romantic Experience Whatsoever
- Group W Network Services
- Gateway Wrestling Organization
- General Watch Officer
- Ghetto Wrestling Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
An account of the first camp, in George Washington National Forest in Virginia, was published in the June 1933 American Forests and followed by monthly articles detailing the CCC's work.
Five are located within the Jefferson and George Washington National Forests.
The nearby Brandywine Lake campground, operated by the Dry River Ranger District of George Washington National Forest, is a fine place to bed down "amid the culture.
Elsewhere within the Forest Service, GIS national coordinator Wanda Gibson cites a broad spectrum of GIS applications on George Washington National Forest in Virginia, Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin, and Tongass National Forest in Alaska.