The team combined a model of Earth's interior with a precise map of the planet's geomagnetic field to produce a map of the magnitude and direction of electron spins throughout Earth.
What does GS stand for?
GS stands for Geomagnetic Field
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GS
We have 113 other meanings of GS in our Acronym Attic
- General Surgery
- General Surveillance
- General Synod
- General Systems
- Generator Set
- Generator Shelter
- Generic Switch
- Genso Suikoden (Konami game)
- Geochemical Society
- Geological Survey
- Geometer's Sketchpad (education)
- Geopathic Stress (alleged illness caused by electromagnetivity)
- George School (Pennsylvania)
- George Strait (country music artist)
- Geprüfte Sicherheit (German: Proved Safety law)
- German Shepherd
- German Silver (rabbit breed)
- Geronimo Stilton (book series)
- Gestational Sac (intrauterine structure)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers, in addition to knowing for quite some time that fish use their sense of smell to navigate, have also suspected that a geomagnetic field played a role, Putman said.
During regular repeated geomagnetic measurements, secular variations of geomagnetic field was determined (Figs.
And when continents were more evenly arranged--such as between about 80 million and 120 million years ago, and again between 260 million and 310 million years ago--there were long stretches without geomagnetic field reversals.
Prediction of Storms Based on Planetary Positions and Geomagnetic Field Disturbances.
But the study's authors point out that it is difficult to relate the new findings directly to other animals' use of geomagnetic fields, because the cryptochrome system is more complex in other insects and larger animals.