According to the Seismic Zone Mapping done by the Geological Survey of India (GSI), Delhi is among 30 cities in the country falling in zone IV, which is defined as a severe intensity seismic zone.
What does GSI stand for?
GSI stands for Geological Survey of India
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSI
We have 289 other meanings of GSI in our Acronym Attic
- Generic Safety Issue
- Generic Software Interface
- Generic System Image
- Genie Scientific, Inc. (manufacturer of lab fume hoods and metal cabinets)
- Genuine Software Initiative (Microsoft)
- Geo Services International Ltd (UK)
- Geographical Survey Institute (Ibaraki, Japan)
- Geological Society of Iowa
- Geological Strength Index
- Geological Survey Institute (Japan)
- Geological Survey of Ireland (est. 1845)
- Gerencia de Seguridad Institucional (Guatemala)
- Geriatrics-For-Specialists Initiative
- Gerontological Services, Inc. (Santa Monica, CA)
- Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (German Federal Research Institute f
- Get Sirius Info
- Get Someone In
- Giga-Scale Integration
- Glide Slope Indicator
- Global Scale Impact (climate change)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The members of GAC drawn from various central ministries, scientific institutions, including the Geological Survey of India and other nominated non-official members will attend the meeting.
IN a case of academic theft, three teachers of Rajasthan University have been accused of plagiarising a research article of a former director of the Geological Survey of India ( GSI).
But Ramesh denied any such risk existed and backed the findings of the study, "Himalayan Glaciers, a state-of-art review of glacial studies, glacial retreat and climate change," that looked at 100 years of data gathered by the Geological Survey of India from 25 glaciers
But Ramesh denied any such risk existed and backed the findings of the study, "Himalayan Glaciers, a state-of-art review of glacial studies, glacial retreat and climate change," that looked at 100 years of data gathered by the Geological Survey of India from 25 glaciers.
The responsibility of this major task will have to be borne by organisations like Geological Survey of India (GSI), Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) and Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited (CMPDIL).
Hyderabad: Geological Survey of India, Government of India.
Organizations around the world that purchased Oracle Database and/or Oracle Collaboration Suite during the third quarter include: Arbella Insurance Group, China Mobile Group, Chongqing Social Security Bureau, Commerzbank AG, eHarmony, Fujian Mobile, Geological Survey of India, Health Insurance Review Agency, Kookmin Bank, Korea Telecom Powertel, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, New Zealand Inland Revenue Department, Overstock.