His appointment was only three years after the establishment of the Geological Survey of Great Britain in 1835 (Zeller 1987) and four years before the founding of the Geological Survey of Canada in 1842 (Zaslow 1975).
What does GSGB stand for?
GSGB stands for Geological Survey of Great Britain
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSGB
We have 1 other meaning of GSGB in our Acronym Attic
- Gujarat State Government (India)
- Gunslinger Girl (anime)
- Grenzschutzgruppe 9 (German Counter-Terrorist Unit)
- Georgia State Golf Association
- Golden State Greyhound Adoption (dogs; Walnut Creek, CA)
- Graduate Student Government Association (various universities)
- Grand Strand Golf Association
- Gulf Shores Golf Association (Gulf Shores, AL)
- Good Schools Guide Advisory Service (United Kingdom)
- Goldfish Society of Great Britain (est. 1948; UK)
- Garden State Gay Bowling Organization
- Georgia Space Grant Consortium (est. 1990)
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council (Jacksonville, FL)
- Gossip-Style Garbage Collection
- Ground School Graduation Certificate (Federal Aviation Administration)
- Greater Shady Grove Civic Alliance (Derwood, MD)
- Girl Scouts of Glowing Embers Council (Michigan)
- Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies (Japan; Kyoto University)
- Graduate Student Grants and Fellowship Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Mineral Statistics of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (for the year 1858), Part 2, Memoir of the Geological Survey of Great Britain, 127-379.