Scientists debated the concept in October at a meeting in Minneapolis of the Geological Society of America.
What does GSA stand for?
GSA stands for Geological Society of America
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GSA
We have 426 other meanings of GSA in our Acronym Attic
- General Somatic Afferent (nerve)
- General Somatic Afferents
- General State Aid (Illinois)
- General Structural Analysis
- General Support Artillery (US DoD)
- General Survey Act of 1824 (authorized the president to use Army engineers to survey road & canal)
- Generalized Significant Adiposity
- Genetic Sexual Attraction (adoption-related syndrome)
- Genetics Society of America
- Geographic Service Area (various businesses)
- Geological Society of Australia
- Geological Survey of Alabama
- George Stevens Academy (Blue Hill, ME)
- Georgia Society of Anesthesiologists
- Georgia Strait Alliance
- German Sociological Association
- German Speakers Association (various locations)
- Germany, Switzerland, Austria (licensing)
- Gerontological Society of America
- Giardia Specific Antigen (test for diagnosing giardiasis)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earth and environmental sciences professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Roy Plotnick, and his colleagues recently presented at a regional meeting of the Geological Society of America, offering broad strokes about the implications of this discovery.
Information: Kevin Ricker, The Geological Society of America, PO Box 9140, Boulder, CO 80301-9140 USA, 303-357-1090, fax: 303-357-1072, e-mail: meetings@geosociety.
The presidents of the American Geological Institute, the American Geophysical Union, the American Paleontological Society, the Association of American State Geologists, the Geological Society of America, the National Association of Geoscience Teachers, and the Society for Vertebrate Paleontology signed a joint letter to the NPS urging that A Different View be removed "from shelves where buyers are given the impression that the book is about earth science and its content endorsed by the National Park Service.
For a free brochure called "Careers in Geosciences," write to: Geological Society of America P.