However, Francis MacCabe's name has recently, and quite rightly, been brought to prominence in Australian history following the decision in 2008 by the Geographical Names Board to give his name to the corner on the south bank of the Murray River where South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales meet.
What does GNB stand for?
GNB stands for Geographical Names Board (Australia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GNB
We have 41 other meanings of GNB in our Acronym Attic
- Generic Enhanced Teleservice Transport
- Governmental & Nonprofit Annual Update (publication)
- Grassroots Network against War (Ireland)
- Greater Nashville Animal Welfare (Tennessee)
- Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- Global Net Access, LLC (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Gardner National Bank (Gardner, KS)
- Gas Non-Blowback (pistol)
- Gaussian Normal Basis
- Gears and Beers
- Gesellschaft für Nuklear-Behalter, MbH
- Ging Nang Boyz (band)
- Global Networked Business
- Goliath National Bank (How I Met Your Mother fictional bank)
- Good News Bible
- Gould National Batteries, Inc.
- Gram-Negative Bacillus
- Graphical Network Browser (Nortel)
- Great North Badge Company (UK)
- Greensburg (Amtrak station code; Greensburg, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The administrative history of the Lands Department is also covered, including the establishment of the Central Mapping Authority in 1951 and the Geographical Names Board in 1966.
It has also had representations on the Alberta Geographical Names Board, and a host of other heritage organizations and was a party to the drafting of the first heritage legislation for Alberta.