The price index used in this comparison is the geographic adjustment factor (GAF) for physician services (Zuckerman, Welch, and Pope 1990).
What does GAF stand for?
GAF stands for Geographic Adjustment Factor (Medicare; US DHHS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAF
We have 112 other meanings of GAF in our Acronym Attic
- Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual (Spanish: Virtual Air Group Board)
- Global Agro-Ecological Zones
- Gabonese Armed Forces
- Gaming Age Forum
- Garfield and Friends (cartoon)
- Gender AIDS Forum (South Africa)
- General Access Facility
- General Aniline & Film
- General Application Form (various organizations)
- General Merchandise, Apparel and Home Furnishing (retail sales)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, the geographic adjustment factor in the AAPCC may require simplification before it is made more complex for three reasons: * Year-to-year variation in AAPCC at the county-level is a source of doubt and confusion among managers of risked-based plans (Langwell et al.
Finally, a geographic adjustment factor applicable to the overhead and malpractice components will be applied.