Casarina, spokesperson of the north-eastern social centres and part of the Genoa Social Forum, was referring to talks held prior to the protests between the GSF and the government, after which it was assumed that the police would not use extreme, let alone lethal, force.
What does GSF stand for?
GSF stands for Genoa Social Forum (umbrella anti-G8 group)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GSF
We have 121 other meanings of GSF in our Acronym Attic
- Garage Sale Find
- Gay-Straight Forum
- Gemi Sewa Foundation (Sri Lanka)
- General Semantics Foundation
- General Services Fund (various locations)
- General Settlement Fund (various organizations)
- General Special Forces (gaming clan)
- General Support Forces
- Generic Scripting Framework (computer programming)
- Generic Sensor Format
- Georgia Southern & Florida (Railroad)
- Geospatial Science Forum
- German Scooter Forum
- Giant Screen Films (Evanston, IL)
- Girls Schmirls Foundation (song by MXPX)
- Global Speakers Federation (formerly International Federation for Professional Speakers)
- Global Standard Financial (Alpharetta, GA)
- Global Steel Finance (financial reporting)
- Gnomish Special Forces (gaming guild in World of Warcraft)
- Golden State Foods (Irvine, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Blair and four other Britons allege they were badly beaten in the raid on a school which was being used as the headquarters of the protest organisation, the Genoa Social Forum.
During the summit, the Genoa Social Forum, a network of more than 1,000 anti-globalization groups that views the G-8 as ''the symbol of a non-democratic governing system of the world,'' planned peaceful demonstrations.
Police arrested the pair along with Jonathan Blair, 38, of Newport in Wales, Londoner Mark Covell, 33, and Daniel MacQuillan, 35, after raiding the headquarters of the Genoa Social Forum protest group.
The four claim they were arrested and beaten as they slept at the headquarters of the protest group, the Genoa Social Forum.
Members of the Genoa Social Forum, a network of more than 1,000 anti-globalization groups, and others protested in Verdi Square, about 1.
The Genoa Social Forum (GSF), an umbrella organization of some 700 international, Italian, and local Genoa-based NGOs and civil-society coalitions, included Drop the Debt but also Ya Basta