Byline: BRYNMOR PATTISON THOUSANDS of women have suffered genital mutilation in Ireland, a study has shown.
What does 2231 stand for?
2231 stands for Genital Mutilation (police radio code; New Zealand)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- 21st Century Network (BT Group, UK)
- 21 Gun Salute
- Captain's command announcing system
- 21st Century Infrastructure Consortium
- Larceny from Business/Other (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Hook Size 22 Olive Bodied Adams (fly fishing)
- Second to None (dance group)
- 220 Mhz Spectrum Management Association of Southern California (amateur radio)
- Indecent Performance and Acts (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Obscene Exposure (police radio code; New Zealand; New Zealand)
- Twenty Second Amendment
- .22 Long Rifle (ammunition)
- 2 to the third power (to the maximum, used on license plates)
- Larceny from Vehicle (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Sexual Intercourse With Child under Care (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Twenty Third Amendment
- Larceny from Residence (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- 24 Hours A Day for 7 Days A Week (Year Round)
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid
Samples in periodicals archive:
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A newly released United Nations (UN) report shows that millions of girls under the age of 15 remain at risk of female genital mutilation or cutting despite such practices being on the decline.
UNcjwXPjlel) resolution calling on countries that still engage in female genital mutilation to eliminate the practice.
Byline: JONNY GREATREX TWO men have been bailed after being arrested in Birmingham over suspected female genital mutilation offences.
TWO men have been arrested amid allegations female genital mutilation was being offered in Birmingham.
Organiser Ifrah Ahmed said: "The event will bring together young people from all over Dublin, many of whom are recent migrants to Ireland, to raise awareness of the harmful practice of female genital mutilation as one form of gender-based violence.
Type III female genital mutilation (FGM) entails removing part or all of the external genitalia and sewing the remnant edges together, called infibulation, leaving only a small opening for menstruation, urination and coitus.