Genetically engineered microorganisms can unpredictably kill crops and genetically engineered plants can harm wildlife.
What does GEM stand for?
GEM stands for Genetically Engineered Microorganism
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GEM
We have 292 other meanings of GEM in our Acronym Attic
- General Equilibrium Model
- General Executive Memo
- Generalized Emulation of Microcircuits
- Generalized Event Monitoring
- Generating Medicare Physician Quality Performance Measurement Results (Medicare; US DHHS)
- Generation of Weather Elements for Multiple Applications
- Generic Electronic Module (Ford)
- Generic Equipment Model
- Generic Equipment Module
- Genetic and Evolutionary Methods (conference)
- Genetically Engineered Mouse
- Georgia Enriches Minds
- Geriatric Emergency Management (Canada)
- Geriatric Emergency Medicine
- Geriatric Evaluation & Management
- German Equatorial Mount (telescope support structure)
- Get Everybody Moving (music)
- Giant Antennal Mechanoreceptor
- Gibbs Energy Minimisation
- Gifted Education in Mathematics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Applications include: recovery of biomass, such as E-Coli, inclusion bodies and mammalian cells; starter cultures, such as lactic acid bacteria, fermentation broth and enzymes; treatment of genetically engineered microorganisms and vaccines.
Since the first Patent and Trademark designation on a genetically engineered microorganism in 1980, millions of transgenic mice, rabbits, pigs and sheep have been patented.
The final chapter on environmental applications describes such work as the detection of genetically engineered microorganisms in soil and the detection of pathogenic microorganisms in soil and water.
Chakrabarty that genetically engineered microorganisms are patentable; the U.
The findings are relevant to current research seeking to assess the safety and usefulness of genetically engineered microorganisms released into the environment.