Public Interest Research Group and the Genetically Engineered Food Alert coalition reports that biotechnology companies annually plant thousands of acres of experimental genetically engineered (GE) crops in the United States.
What does GEFA stand for?
GEFA stands for Genetically Engineered Food Alert (food safety organization)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GEFA
We have 4 other meanings of GEFA in our Acronym Attic
- Global Environmental Forum (est. 1990; Japan)
- Graduate Education Foundation
- Grazing Enhancement Fund (Canada)
- Green Earth Foundation (New York, NY)
- Ground Equipment Failure
- Guanine-Nucleotide Exchange Factor (biology)
- Guidance for Employment of the Force (US DoD national military strategy)
- Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (environmental e-forum)
- Global Environmental Facility and Small Grant Programme
- General Electric Capital Financial Assurance Holdings, Inc.
- Genuine Fashion Accessories (Philippines)
- Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority
- Germana Esperanta Fervojista Asocio (German Esperanto Railway Association, member of IFEF)
- Golden Empire Flying Association (Grass Valley, CA)
- Gross External Floor Area (measurement)
- Group of Ethnography and Folklore of the Academy of Coimbra (Coimbria, Portugal)
- Global Ensortium for A First World Iniative on Scientific Practise
- Gauge Error Feedback Control
- Glenview Evangelical Free Church (Illinois)
- Grace Evangelical Free Church
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Genetically Engineered Food Alert coalition claimed that the results "do not provide a scientifically sound answer to the question of whether StarLink's Cry9C protein is a human allergen.
The environmental group Genetically Engineered Food Alert, which was testing a variety of foods for genetically engineered food content, detected the presence of a protein that is associated with a genetically modified variety of corn called StarLink.