Photodiodes have smaller noise than PC detectors because the dominating photodiode shot-noise is much smaller than the generation-recombination noise of PC detectors.
What does G-R stand for?
G-R stands for Generation-Recombination (electricity)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 29 other meanings of G-R in our Acronym Attic
- Goel-Okumoto (softwar reliability growth model)
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Coast Guard Office of Military Readiness
- Glucose Oral Rehydration to Solution
- Gel'fand - Pinsker (channel code)
- Guam-Philippines-Taiwan, Submarine Cable
- Generalized Polling Protocol - Packet Assembly/Disassembly
- Gigabit-Passive Optical Network
- Generalized Pre-Equalization
- Grid Quality of Service Management
- Ghana Research and Advocacy Project
- Guard Recruiting Assistant Program
- Grading and Staging (diagnostic method)
- Guanine Nucleotide-Sensitive (biochemistry)
- Global Society for Asset Management
- Global Systems Applications and Products (SAP world wide system deployment)
- Global Systemically Important Banks (finance)
- Ginseng Stems and Leaves