The AICPA/Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants Privacy Task Force has created numerous tools, ranging from high-level questionnaires to Generally Accepted Privacy Principles, to help firms and their clients manage privacy risks.
What does GAPP stand for?
GAPP stands for Generally Accepted Privacy Principles
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAPP
We have 40 other meanings of GAPP in our Acronym Attic
- Growth retardation-Alopecia-Pseudoanodontia-Optic atrophy (syndrome)
- Grupo de Acção para a Construção de Navios Patrulhas Oceânicos
- Grupo de Artistas Plásticos de Ourinhos
- Grupo de Asalto Potencialmente Ofensivo (gaming clan)
- Groupement Amical des Professeurs en Ouvrages Métalliques (French: Friendly Group of Professors Metal Works Professors)
- Global Alpha Phi Omega Network (fraternal social network)
- Gang Alternative Prevention Program
- General Administration of Press and Publication (China)
- General Agreement on Parallel Paths (electricity deregulation)
- Generalized A Posteriori Probability
- Geometric Arithmetic Parallel Processor
- Georgia Association of Plant Pathologists
- Geriatric Adolescent Partnership Programme
- German American Partnership Program
- Good Agricultural Practices Program (Georgia Crop Improvement Association)
- Government-Assisted PC Program
- Great Ape Phenome Project
- Groupe d’Aide Psycho-Pédagogique (French: Psycho-Educational Help Group)
- Groupement d'Achats pour Particuliers (French: Purchasing Group for Individuals)
- Groupement d'Action Protection Privée (French: Private Protection Action Group; Sénégal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to generally accepted privacy principles of purpose specification, collection limitation, and use limitation, the collection of personal information should be limited, and its use should be limited to a specified purpose.
In an effort to reach a broader business audience, the AICPA and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants recently published Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP)--a Global Privacy Framework.