We administered the survey from January 2011 to April 2011 in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards.
What does GAGAS stand for?
GAGAS stands for Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAO)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of GAGAS in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Air Ground
- Group Activity Graph
- Group of Advanced Gardeners (MMORPG, Runescape)
- Group-specific Antigen (protein)
- Guangzhou Automobile Group (China)
- Guns Are Good
- Genuine Admirers of Gillian Anderson (actress' fan club)
- Greater Abilene Geocachers Association (Texas)
- GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation
- GPS and GEO Augmented Navigation
- General Association of General Baptists
- Geocaching Association of Great Britain (UK)
- Georgia Association for Gifted Children
- Gillian Anderson Global Community
- Gotcha Adventure Game Club (Switzerland)
- Great American Gaming Corporation
- Greyhound Adoption of Greater Cincinnati (est. 2002; Cincinnati, OH)
- German-American and German-Canadian Studies
- Georgia Academy of General Dentistry (Decatur, GA)
- Gelatin Acrylamide Gel Electrophoresis
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 Who publishes the standards that apply to all Federal Government audits, or generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS)?
The audit of Midwestern's School As Lender program was conducted by Clifton Gunderson from February through May 2007 in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
He had to spend one hour explaining the difference between Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) to the gentleman.
The City of Bell audit for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2009 was conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
GAO performed this work from September 2011 to October 2011 in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards.
Chapter 6 of the revised Yellow Book sets forth general, fieldwork, and reporting standards for attestation engagements performed pursuant to generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS).
Frankly, our firm is much more affected by changes to the GAO independence rules, which apply to all audits performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).