Under the new rule, the retained earnings of the acquired credit union must be measured under generally accepted accounting procedures.
What does GAAP stand for?
GAAP stands for Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (less common)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAAP
We have 28 other meanings of GAAP in our Acronym Attic
- Grupo Assistencial Alvorada Nova (Portuguese: New Dawn Healthcare Group; Brazil)
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
- Great Affordable Accommodation New Zealand (tourism aggregator website)
- Georgia Association of Assessing Officials
- Gateway Army Ammunition Plan
- Gender and Arts Project
- Gendering Adolescent AIDS Prevention
- General Assistance Advocacy Program
- General Aviation Aerodrome Procedures
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Great Alaskan Accounting People
- Greater Access to Affordable Pharmaceuticals
- Groupement des Agents Automobiles Peugeot (French: Grouping Agents Peugeot Automobiles)
- Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild (Michigan)
- Gas Access Arrangements Review (Essential Services Commission; Australia)
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- General Anti-Avoidance Rule
- Generally Accepted Appraisal Rules (mortgage lending)
- Great Aussie Air Rally (Australia; flight simulation)
- Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors (Albuquerque, NM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also said the company's auditors, Ernst & Young, had signed off on all transactions and that they conformed with generally accepted accounting procedures.