00 Paperback EMS series of lectures in mathematics QA167 Finite generalized quadrangles were originally conceived as an adjunct to the study of finite groups, and though the connection remains strong, Payne and Thas treat them as thoroughly as possible from combinatorial and geometric perspectives.
What does GQ stand for?
GQ stands for Generalized Quadrangle
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GQ
We have 10 other meanings of GQ in our Acronym Attic
- Gladys Porter Zoo (Brownsville, TX)
- Groundwater Protection Zone
- Guinea Pig Zero (human research subjects journal)
- Great Plains Zen Center (Illinois)
- Equatorial Guinea (country code, top level domain)
- Geared Radial (US Navy)
- Gem Quality
- General Quarters
- General Question
Samples in periodicals archive:
It provides a complete description of all known finite translation planes with examples and related geometries, connects translation plans with areas of incidence geometry such as quadric sets, generalized quadrangles and partitions, and shows how various classes of translation planes fit within fundamental classification schemes.