The subject of order statistics has been further generalized and the concept of generalized order statistics is introduced and studied by Kamps in a series of papers and books (26), (27), (28), (29).
What does GOS stand for?
GOS stands for Generalized Order Statistic
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOS
We have 96 other meanings of GOS in our Acronym Attic
- Galveston Ornithological Society (Texas, USA)
- Gaming Operating System
- Garritan Orchestral Strings
- Gate Operating System (Safegate, Sweden)
- Gate-Oxide Short (semi-conductors)
- General Officer Symposium (US DoD)
- General Operating Subject (e-learning)
- General Operating Support (various organizations)
- General Ophthalmic Service (UK)
- General Overhaul Specification
Samples in periodicals archive:
Topics include optimal deterministic bounds on L-statistics, sharp upper bounds for expectations on kTH record increments from restricted families, maximal correlation between order statistics, characterizations of distributions by equalities of order statistics, records from discrete distributions, stochastic ordering of record and inter-record values, progress on sums of records, characterizations of geometric distributions by weak records, mean residual and past lifetime of k-out of n structures at the system level, linear estimation of location and scale parameters based on generalized order statistics from generalized Pareto distributions, and Bayesian estimation and prediction for the three-parameter generalized exponential model.