The money will also help primary dental care, pharmaceutical services, general ophthalmic services and support for joint working between health and social care, which is an issue I have tried to support constituents with on a number of occasions so this extra funding is vital.
What does GOS stand for?
GOS stands for General Ophthalmic Service (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOS
We have 96 other meanings of GOS in our Acronym Attic
- Gain on Sale (accounting)
- Galacto-Oligosaccharide (saccharide polymer)
- Galveston Ornithological Society (Texas, USA)
- Gaming Operating System
- Garritan Orchestral Strings
- Gate Operating System (Safegate, Sweden)
- Gate-Oxide Short (semi-conductors)
- General Officer Symposium (US DoD)
- General Operating Subject (e-learning)
- General Operating Support (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The annual General Ophthalmic Services Activity Statistics document, which contains selected data for April-September, also revealed the number of optical vouchers issued over the same period fell from 2.
NEWLY PUBLISHED General Ophthalmic Services statistics for England during 2010-2011 provide a detailed snapshot of the number of NHS sight tests performed--as the Health and Social Care Bill looks about to bring in radical changes which will shape the future of the Health Service.
CONTRACTORS PROVIDING General Ophthalmic Services have to provide appropriate equipment and, in the standard fixed-site situation, appropriate premises.
General Ophthalmic Services forms are now being processed electronically within the practice by 23%, and a further 38% of practices surveyed expected this to become the norm in the "near future".
ENGLAND'S General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) budget is to be devolved to PCTs from April 1, it has been announced.