The General Ontology for Linguistic Description (GOLD) [9, 10, 8] was originally envisioned as a solution to the problem of resolving disparate markup schemes for linguistic data.
What does GOLD stand for?
GOLD stands for General Ontology for Linguistic Description
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOLD
We have 60 other meanings of GOLD in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Orlando Limousine Association (Orlando, Florida)
- Greater Orlando Livery Association (Florida)
- Geographical On-Line Analytical Processing
- GoGear on Linux Boxes
- Gov Online Learning Center
- Growth Opportunity License Charge (IBM)
- Growth Option License Charge (IBM)
- Gate Overlap of Drain
- Gaucho On-Line Data
- General On-Line Display
- Generic Obstacle and Lane Detection
- Genetisch Orientierte Lebensspannenstudie zur Differentiellen Entwicklung
- Gentlemen of Lyrical Distinction (barbershop quartet)
- Gigabit Optical Link Designer
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- Global Operational Datlink Document
- Global Organization for Lysososmal Diseases
- Go on Laugh Daily (British TV)
- Good Old Lager Drinkers :-)
- Government On-Line Data (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some standards for multilingual equivalents or related references such as the General Ontology for Linguistic Description  or ISO standard 5964  can help this process (10).