Abstract This article expresses the position that the current legal commentary and cases do not sufficiently differentiate response to intervention (RTI) from the various forms of general education interventions that preceded it, thus compounding confusion in professional practice as to legally defensible procedures for identifying children as having a specific learning disability under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
What does GEI stand for?
GEI stands for General Education Intervention
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GEI
We have 79 other meanings of GEI in our Acronym Attic
- Glen Ellyn Historical Society (Glen Ellyn, IL)
- Glenbard East High School (Lombard, Il)
- Grace Excel High School (India)
- Greenbrier East High School (West Virginia)
- Global Environment Health Safety Management System (PepsiCo, Inc.)
- Great Egg Harbor Watershed Association (New Jersey)
- Gases de Efecto Invernadero
- Gender Equity Index
- Gene, Environment and Health Initiative
- Gene-Environment Interaction
- Genetically Engineered Ingredients
- Geocentric Equatorial Inertial Coordinate System
- Geographic Enforcement Initiative
- Geothermal Energy Institute
- Gesellschaft für Elektronische Informationsverarbeitung
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface (router)
- Global Effects Integration (US DoD)
- Global Environmental Institute (China)
- Government Electrical Inspectorate (Jamaica)
- Gross Emitter Identification
Samples in periodicals archive:
Evaluation of general education interventions with increased intensity in type and length of intervention provide the basis to determine if interventions at present levels should be continued as planned, increased, or decreased.
In the later case, students may be referred to the prereferral intervention team, also known as the student study team (SST) or the general education intervention team (GEIT), for additional intervention support (Lane, Pierson, & Givner, in press; Lane, Mahdavi, & Borthwick-Duffy, 2003).