By changing a few names here and there, one might think the author was writing about the General Association of Regular Baptists, the Conservative Baptist Association, and the Southern Baptist Convention, to name just a few.
What does GARB stand for?
GARB stands for General Association of Regular Baptists
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GARB
- Greensboro Amateur Radio Association (Greensboro, NC)
- Groupe Alésien de Recherches Archéologiques (French: Alès Archaeological Research Group; Ales, France)
- Groupe Alpine Rhône-Alpes (French automobile club; Rhone-Alpes, France)
- Genetic Algorithms Research and Applications Group
- Genetic Algorithms Research and Applications Group (University of Michigan)
- General Algorithm for Resonance Assignment
- Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Girls in Action, Royal Ambassadors, Young Women's Association (church camp, Camp Garaywa, in Clinton, MS)
- Garment and Allied Industries Requirements Board
- General Airport Revenue Bond
- Grissom Air Reserve Base
- Groupe des Aphasiques de la Région de Bordeaux (French: Bordeaux Region Aphasic Group; Bordeaux, France)
- Guided Antiradiation Bomb
- General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
- Go Ahead Run Batted In
- General Authority for Roads, Bridges and Land Transport (Ministry of Transport; Egypt)
- Google API Relation Browsing Outliner (staggernation)
- Gadsden Amateur Radio Club (Alabama)
- Gambia Red Cross
- Garland Amateur Radio Club (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This conflict culminated in the schisms of the General Association of Regular Baptists (GARB) in 1932 and the Conservative Baptist Association in 1947.
Beyond the scope of this essay, colleges that are related to the General Association of Regular Baptists, the Baptist Bible Fellowship, or the Freewill Baptists exemplify this kind of "Baptist" accountability.