In the wake of the presentation of the Indian budget, VPM Duval also spoke on the introduction of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GR), where he underlined that according to the Indian government, GR will come into effect in 2016.
What does GAAR stand for?
GAAR stands for General Anti-Avoidance Rule
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GAAR
We have 1 other meaning of GAAR in our Acronym Attic
- General Assistance Advocacy Program
- General Aviation Aerodrome Procedures
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (less common)
- Great Alaskan Accounting People
- Greater Access to Affordable Pharmaceuticals
- Groupement des Agents Automobiles Peugeot (French: Grouping Agents Peugeot Automobiles)
- Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild (Michigan)
- Gas Access Arrangements Review (Essential Services Commission; Australia)
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Generally Accepted Appraisal Rules (mortgage lending)
- Great Aussie Air Rally (Australia; flight simulation)
- Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors (Albuquerque, NM)
- Greater Augusta Association of Realtors, Inc. (Augusta, GA)
- Guet Aérien Armé (French: Wath Air Arm)
- Gastonia Area Amateur Radio Club (North Carolina)
- GALS (Globally Asynchronous Locally Synchronous) Architecture for Algorithm-Specific Real-Time Power-Aware Applications
- Grants Adabas Access and Retrieval Package
- Global Atmospheric and Aerosol Radiation Study
- Government Astronomy Administration Round Table
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also comes about a year after poorly written rules to ensnare tax evaders, called the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GR), had sparked an outcry among foreign investors, prompting the government to amend their provisions and delay implementation for two years.
The 30-issue Sensex jumped 243 points on Monday, its best single-day gain in the current calender year, on all-round buying as Government deferred implementation of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GR) by two years, from April 2014 to to April 2016, and a fall in inflation in December.
New Delhi, June 29 ( ANI ): The government on Friday issued a clarification regarding the General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR) guidelines released last evening, saying it has not seen by Prime Minister Dr.
However, business owners should be cautious of the announcement of a possible General Anti-Avoidance Rule being introduced into UK tax laws.
Foreign investors have been spooked by a lack of clarity around India's move to crack down on the use of tax havens through its proposed General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR).
Explaining the provisions of the new General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GR) she said: "The GR legislation is a minefield for disputes.
She said the Coalition's new approach included talks on a General Anti-Avoidance Rule.