It also comes about a year after poorly written rules to ensnare tax evaders, called the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GR), had sparked an outcry among foreign investors, prompting the government to amend their provisions and delay implementation for two years.
What does GAAR stand for?
GAAR stands for General Anti-Avoidance Rule
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GAAR
We have 1 other meaning of GAAR in our Acronym Attic
- General Assistance Advocacy Program
- General Aviation Aerodrome Procedures
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (less common)
- Great Alaskan Accounting People
- Greater Access to Affordable Pharmaceuticals
- Groupement des Agents Automobiles Peugeot (French: Grouping Agents Peugeot Automobiles)
- Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild (Michigan)
- Gas Access Arrangements Review (Essential Services Commission; Australia)
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Generally Accepted Appraisal Rules (mortgage lending)
- Great Aussie Air Rally (Australia; flight simulation)
- Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors (Albuquerque, NM)
- Greater Augusta Association of Realtors, Inc. (Augusta, GA)
- Guet Aérien Armé (French: Wath Air Arm)
- Gastonia Area Amateur Radio Club (North Carolina)
- GALS (Globally Asynchronous Locally Synchronous) Architecture for Algorithm-Specific Real-Time Power-Aware Applications
- Grants Adabas Access and Retrieval Package
- Global Atmospheric and Aerosol Radiation Study
- Government Astronomy Administration Round Table
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 30-issue Sensex jumped 243 points on Monday, its best single-day gain in the current calender year, on all-round buying as Government deferred implementation of the General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GR) by two years, from April 2014 to to April 2016, and a fall in inflation in December.
New Delhi, June 29 ( ANI ): The government on Friday issued a clarification regarding the General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR) guidelines released last evening, saying it has not seen by Prime Minister Dr.
However, business owners should be cautious of the announcement of a possible General Anti-Avoidance Rule being introduced into UK tax laws.
Foreign investors have been spooked by a lack of clarity around India's move to crack down on the use of tax havens through its proposed General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR).
Explaining the provisions of the new General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GR) she said: "The GR legislation is a minefield for disputes.
She said the Coalition's new approach included talks on a General Anti-Avoidance Rule.