But because the viruses don't insert themselves into the cell's DNA, that sort of gene replacement therapy is not a permanent solution, Rossi says.
What does GRT stand for?
GRT stands for Gene Replacement Therapy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GRT
We have 93 other meanings of GRT in our Acronym Attic
- Groningen Research School for the Study of the Humanities (Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Genetic Resources Science and Technology
- Gold Rush Snowmobile Trail (British Columbia, Canada)
- Greek and Roman Studies
- Goat Respiratory Syncytial Virus (veterinary science)
- Groundnut Ringspot Virus
- Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (gaming)
- Global Road Safety Week
- Guided Reading and Study Workbook
- George River Shear Zone (geology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, the NGF is funding groundbreaking research on gene replacement therapy, which would ultimately cure Gaucher Disease.
New research on gene replacement therapy offers the hope of a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF).