While women sources have increased from 17% in the regional Gender and Media Baseline Study (GMBS) conducted by Gender Links (GL) and the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) in 2002 to 19% in the GMMP conducted across 76 countries in 2005, this is below the global average of 22%.
What does GMBS stand for?
GMBS stands for Gender and Media Baseline Study (southern Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMBS
We have 6 other meanings of GMBS in our Acronym Attic
- Gardena Municipal Bus Lines (Gardena, California)
- Great Midwest Baseball League (fantasy league)
- Greater Manassas Baseball League (Manassas, Virginia)
- Gaussian Mixture Bi-Gram Model
- Ground Mobile Ballistic Missile Defense Operations Center
- Giggling My Butt Off
- Greater Manchester Bus Operators Association (UK)
- Granule Major Basic Protein
- Greater Manchester Biodiversity Project (est. 1994; Manchester, England, UK)
- Guess Movie by Plot (online chatroom)
- Glenn Miller Birthplace Society
- N-Gamma-Maleimidobutyryloxy-Succinimide Ester (antibodies)
- General Missionary Baptist State Convention
- Guerrilla Marketing Business University
- Generative-Model Based Vision
- Google Maps Business View
- Great Miami Buried Valley Aquifer (Ohio)
- Greater Miami Beach Visitors Association (Florida)
- Game Maker Community
- Game Marketing Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
This led to the two organisations undertaking a Gender and Media Baseline Study with technical support from the Media Monitoring Project.
GEMSA is a result of the organising and activism that has taken place both within the media and outside in response to the findings of the Gender and Media Baseline Study (GMBS) in September 2003.