50 Hardcover HV553 Enarson, cofounder of the Gender and Disaster Network, claims that gender relations put the majority of women in the US at increased risk in disasters, whether through poverty or physical challenges, racial or ethnic marginalization, insecure housing, language barriers, or domestic violence.
What does GDIN stand for?
GDIN stands for Gender and Disaster Network (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDIN
- Greenwich and Docklands International Festival
- Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
- Guangzhou Development Industry Holdings (China)
- General DataComm Industries Inc.
- Global Direct Insurance Investment (various locations)
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Knowledge Management
- GBI Development Integration Laboratory
- Generalized Diatomics-In-Molecules
- Glass Door Ice Merchandiser (freezer)
- God Damn It's Monday
- Global Disaster Information Network
- General Defense Intelligence Program
- General Directorate for Servicing Foreign Representative Offices (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Graduate Diploma
- Grounded into Double Play (baseball)
- General Defense Intelligence Proposed Program (US DoD)
- General Design and Interface Requirement (engineering)
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations (Dublin City University; Dublin, Ireland)
- General Dynamics Information Systems
- Green Dot Internet Services PTE Ltd. (Singapore)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Gender Equality and Disaster Risk Reduction: Key Resources The Gender and Disaster Network is an educational project initiated by women and men interested in gender relations in disaster contexts.
Review and disseminate information about gender and disaster and contact knowledgeable persons, either in your community or via e-mail through the Gender and Disaster Network (http://online.